All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA team race is a classic idea - your team wins by answering all the questions correctly in the fastest time! Students enjoy the activity immensely and the quality of learning and discussion taking place is very high. The element of competition means students must answer questions as quickly as possible, but accuracy is also essential as students need correct answers in order to progress and win the race. Student feedback is excellent. Contents include: percentage problems quadratics algebraic fractions direct and inverse proportion solving equations rearranging formulae simultaneous equations quadratic sequences Pythagoras Theorem right-angle trigometry sine and cosine rules solving trigometric equations probability Active learning strategies are becoming ever more popular in schools wishing to give students t only a more enjoyable experience but also a deeper understanding of mathematics through collaborative learning and more independent learning, and this type of activity can encourage this. They can be easily differentiated. Ideal for use in revision or other consolidation exercises. They are also great fun for after school clubs such as maths clubs, seeking to run short activities. Maths days or maths weeks will be greatly enhanced by their inclusion.
- Author(s)Paul Hambleton
- PublisherTarquin Publications
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationSt Albans
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTarquin Publications
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width213 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.