All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith issues of equity at the forefront of mathematics education research and policy, Mathematics Teaching, Learning, and Liberation in the Lives of Black Children fills the need for authoritative, rigorous scholarship that sheds light on the ways that young black learners experience mathematics in schools and their communities. This timely collection significantly extends the kwledge base on mathematics teaching, learning, participation, and policy for black children and it provides new framings of relevant issues that researchers can use in future work. More importantly, this book helps move the field beyond analyses that continue to focus on and rmalize failure by giving primacy to the stories that black learners tell about themselves and to the voices of mathematics educators whose work has demonstrated a commitment to the success of these children.
- Author BiographyDanny Bernard Martin is Chair of the Department of Curriculum and Instruction in the College of Education and Associate Professor of Mathematics at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleStudies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Note17 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byDanny Bernard Martin
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.