All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis accessible and thought-provoking book considers what beginning teachers need to kw about learning, teaching, assessment, curriculum and professional development, in the context of teaching mathematics to eleven to nineteen year olds. It is part of a new series of books that has as its starting point the fact that PGCE students are already subject specialists. The authors show how mathematics teachers can communicate their own enthusiasm for the subject and inspire their pupils to learn and enjoy learning. They provide practical advice which will help teachers and student teachers to: * plan, organize, manage and assess classroom work * make decisions about the content, ordering and level of difficulty of lessons * make sense of new subject material and how it contributes to wider educational aims * develop professionally by developing the subject as a whole. This is a comprehensive introduction to teaching mathematics in the secondary school which will be invaluable to teachers beginning their careers and those who are training to be mathematics teachers.
- Author BiographyCandia Morgan is a Senior Lecturer in Mathematics Education at Institute of Education, University of London. Clare Tickly is a Lecturer on the PGCE Mathematics course at the Institute of Education. Anne Watson is a Lecturer in Mathematics Education at the University of Oxford.
- Author(s)Anne Watson,Candia Morgan,Clare Tickly
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/09/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleTeaching School Subjects 11-19
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Falmer
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.