Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume of the Mathematics and Culture series is dedicated to Italian artist Armando Pizzicato. The work of Pollock is also discussed, thanks to the collaboration of the Venice Guggenheim Collection. Mathematics creates beauty in architecture, from topology to the projects of Gehry and Pia to the muqarnas of Islam. The fourth dimension is made visible in these pages.
- Author BiographyMichele Emmer is professor of Mathematics at the University of Rome La Sapienza . As a filmaker he has realized several videos in the series Art and math , including the one on M.C. Escher. He is editor of the series Mathematics and Culture , Springer, and The Visual Mind , MIT press; he is author of a book coauthored by D. Schattschneider M.C. Escher's Legacy , Springer, and author of Mathland: from Flatland to Hypersufaces , Birkhauser. He is one of the editors of the VideoMath series by Springer.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication12/12/2006
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight602 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMichele Emmer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.