Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow can teachers help parents to get involved with their children's learning? Maths at home is full of activities designed to fit in with the Key Stage 2 Numeracy topics. Teachers can photocopy the appropriate sheet and send it home for parents and children to work on together. Each activity has a set of explanatory tes for teachers and a photocopiable worksheet. Instructions to parents are clearly presented, with resources listed. The activities are practical and enjoyable, covering everyday mathematical tasks, such as calculating shopping bills, estimating quantities and looking at timetables. Children are also encouraged to apply their mathematical skills and understanding to these practical tasks, for example by converting cooking time information into a graph. John Davis sets out to develop children's enthusiasm for maths and to build up parents' confidence in helping their children in what can often be a daunting area of the curriculum. A full glossary of terms used is included at the end of the book to provide extra information for parents if they need to give any further explanation.
- Author BiographyJohn Davis is an experienced primary school teacher and also a freelance educational writer. He contributes regularly to Primary Maths and Science and other magazines for teachers.
- Author(s)John Davis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2001
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuestions Publishing Co Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight202 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.