All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor many students embarking on an ecomics or business course, the level of mathematics required to understand key topics can at first seem daunting. This student friendly text takes a step-by-step approach to explaining mathematical principles and applying these to an ecomic and business context. The range of study tools employed throughout the text caters for different learning styles and levels of understanding, encouraging students to take an active role in their learning of the subject.Features include: coverage of core mathematical principles found in ecomics and business courses, assuming little prior kwledge of the subject; student tes provided in boxes within each chapter as a useful quick reference tool, summarising key terms and providing tips to help understanding; worked examples, to consolidate learning and demonstrate the mathematical principles as applied in an ecomic and business context; and, Quick Problem boxes to test understanding and application of the mathematical principles taught in each chapter. Answers are provided at the end of the chapter so that students can check progress.
- Author BiographyRebecca Taylor is Head of the Economics Division at Nottingham Trent University and Associate Director of the Higher Education Academy Economics Network. She is also Director of METAL - an innovative HEFCE funded project that aims to enhance the teaching and learning of mathematics for economics using interactive multimedia resources. Simon Hawkins is a freelance economics writer for academic institutions and corporate clients. Prior to this, he worked as an economist for the Government Economic Service. Simon is also involved with the METAL project.
- Author(s)Rebecca Taylor,Simon Hawkins
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width77 mm
- Height103 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.