All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of papers is a vel publication for SIAM. It is, first and foremost, a forum for leading industrial and government scientists and engineers to describe their work and what they hope to accomplish over the next decade. The goal is to focus the mathematical community on research that will both advance mathematics and provide immediate benefits to industry. So this is t a book on mathematics in the strictest sense. It is t organized around a single or even multiple mathematical disciplines. The papers contain few, if any, statements and proofs of theorems. Rather, they focus on describing the needs of industry and government and on highlighting mathematics that may play a role in providing solutions.
- Author BiographyDavid R. Ferguson is a specialist in the mathematics of curves and surfaces with special emphasis on nonlinear methods for geometric construction and in the use of multivariate splines for modeling physical phenomena. Before retiring in 2003 he was Boeing's leader in geometry research and development. He was also the program manager and principle architect of the DT_NURBS and GEML geometry libraries developed for the US Navy. Since his retirement, he has served as a consultant on select NSF and DARPA projects, most notably the NSF-DARPA CARGO program and for the US Army as a member of the Technology Assessment Board for the Army Research Laboratory. Dr. Ferguson is a member of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) and co-chair of SIAM's Mathematics in Industry Conference. Thomas J. Peters is an Associate Professor of Computer Science and Engineering and Associate Professor of Mathematics at the University of Connecticut with expertise in computational topology and geometry, applied topology, CAD/CAM, CAGD, features, design/manufacturing interfaces, and computer graphics. In addition to his academic duties, Dr. Peters is a frequent industrial consultant. He is widely published in the areas of computer science and computational topology, software engineering, and engineering applications.
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/1987
- Series TitleProceedings in Applied Mathematics S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 121
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight469 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDavid R. Ferguson,Thomas J. Peters
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.