Mathematics for Physicists and Engineers: Fundamentals and Interactive Study Guide by Wolfgang J. Weber, Klaus Weltner, Jean Grosjean, Peter Schuster, Sebastian John (Mixed media product, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $81.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $130.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook offers an accessible and highly approved approach which is characterized by the combination of the textbook with a detailed study guide available online at our repository extras.springer.com. This study guide divides the whole learning task into small units which the student is very likely to master successfully. Thus he or she is asked to read and study a limited section of the textbook and to return to the study guide afterwards. Working with the study guide his or her learning results are controlled, monitored and deepened by graded questions, exercises, repetitions and finally by problems and applications of the content studied. Since the degree of difficulties is slowly rising the students gain confidence and experience their own progress in mathematical competence thus fostering motivation. Furthermore in case of learning difficulties he or she is given supplementary explanations and in case of individual needs supplementary exercises and applications. So the sequence of the studies is individualized according to the individual performance and needs and can be regarded as full tutorial course. The study guide satisfies two objectives simultaneously: firstly it enables students to make effective use of the textbook and secondly it offers advice on the improvement of study skills. Empirical studies have shown that the student's competence for using written information has improved significantly by using this study guide. The new edition includes a new chapter on Fourier integrals and Fourier transforms, numerous sections had been updated, 30 new problems with solutions had been added. The interactive study guide has seen a substantial update.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. Klaus Weltner, University of Frankfurt, Institute for Didactic of Physics, Max-von Laue-Str. 1, 60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Sebastian John, Cambridge University, UK Dr. Wolfgang J. Weber, University of Frankfurt, Computing Center, Gruneburgplatz 1, 60323 Frankfurt, Germany Dr. Peter Schuster, Am Holzweg 30, 65843 Sulzbach, Germany Prof. Dr. Jean Grosjean, School of Engineering at the University of Bath, England.
- Author(s)Jean Grosjean,Klaus Weltner,Peter Schuster,Sebastian John,Wolfgang J. Weber
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication28/06/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note385 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1087 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2014
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.