All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the eighth volume in the series Mathematics in Industrial Prob- lems. The motivation for these volumes is to foster interaction between Industry and Mathematics at the grass roots level ; that is, at the level of specific problems. These problems come from Industry: they arise from models developed by the industrial scientists in ventures directed at the manufacture of new or improved products. At the same time, these prob- lems have the potential for mathematical challenge and velty. To identify such problems, I have visited industries and had discussions with their scientists. Some of the scientists have subsequently presented their problems in the IMA Seminar on Industrial Problems. The book is based on the seminar presentations and on questions raised in subsequent discussions. Each chapter is devoted to one of the talks and is self-contained. The chapters usually provide references to the mathematical literature and a list of open problems that are of interest to industrial scientists. For some problems, a partial solution is indicated briefly. The last chapter of the book contains a short description of solutions to some of the problems raised in the previous volume, as well as references to papers in which such solutions have been published.
- Author(s)Avner Friedman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/10/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleThe IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number83
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight320 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1997
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.