All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its third edition, Mathematics in the Primary School has been updated to reflect recent mathematics curriculum documentation and revised standards for QTS. Key areas include: * The role of talk in learning maths * Teacher questioning * Development of children's reasoning * Creative engagement with maths * Assessment for learning and self assessment * Suggested resources for teachers including ICT Providing a coherent set of principles for teaching primary mathematics across the main topics in the curriculum, the authors explore children's understanding of key areas of mathematics, at reception, infant and junior levels. Important principles and teaching approaches are identified, including the use of calculators and computers, and there is an emphasis on mental mathematics and problem solving supporting key issues raised by the Williams review (2008). Case studies are used throughout to illustrate how different teaching approaches are put into practice and how children respond to them, and there is advice on planning, organisation and assessment of mathematical learning in the classroom. Emphasising the importance of teachers' own mathematical kwledge and offering clear guidance and practical advice, this book is essential reading for students, NQTs and practising teachers with a focus on primary mathematics.
- Author BiographyChristine Hopkins, Sue Gifford, Sandy Pepperell and Peter Tallant are all experienced teachers with a specialist interest in mathematics teaching who are now Principal Lecturers in Mathematics Education at Roehampton University. Between them they teach on undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes and are involved in research, consultancy and writing mathematics teaching materials.
- Author(s)Christine Hopkins,Peter Tallant,Sandy Pepperell,Sue Gifford
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight362 g
- Width170 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.