All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA new title in the Architectural Design series that explores the potential of computational mathematics in cutting-edge design Mathematics has always been a vital tool in the architect's trade, but the last fifteen years have seen a sharp rise in the power of computers and has led to computational abilities far beyond anything previously available. Modern design software and computing power have changed the traditional role of geometry in architecture and opened up new possibilities enabled by topology, n-Euclidean geometry, and other areas of mathematics. With insight from a top-tch list of contributors, including such tables as Philippe Morel and Fabien Scheurer, Mathematics in Space discusses how the advent of computation and information techlogy has affected the work of contemporary architects. * This new title in the Architectural Design series updates architectural mathematics since the digital revolution * With world-class contributors, this is an essential resource for anyone interested in the ways computation has transformed the discipline * The book explores fascinating issues in modern design, most importantly the impact of mathematics on contemporary design creativity For students and practitioners alike, Mathematics in Space covers vital topics in a constantly changing discipline.
- Author BiographyGeorge L Legendre is a London-based architect and educator. He graduated from Harvard Graduate School of Design. He is the founder of the London-based office IJP Corporation. In 2007, the influential UK weekly Building Design elected the 3-year-old office as one of the top 5 practices in Britain led by principals under the age of 40.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/07/2011
- Series TitleArchitectural Design
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight548 g
- Width205 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.