All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionMatroid theory is a vibrant area of research that provides a unified way to understand graph theory, linear algebra and combinatorics via finite geometry. This book provides the first comprehensive introduction to the field which will appeal to undergraduate students and to any mathematician interested in the geometric approach to matroids. Written in a friendly, fun-to-read style and developed from the authors' own undergraduate courses, the book is ideal for students. Beginning with a basic introduction to matroids, the book quickly familiarizes the reader with the breadth of the subject, and specific examples are used to illustrate the theory and to help students see matroids as more than just generalizations of graphs. Over 300 exercises are included, with many hints and solutions so students can test their understanding of the materials covered. The authors have also included several projects and open-ended research problems for independent study.
- Author BiographyGary Gordon is a Professor in the Mathematics Department at Lafayette College, Pennsylvania. Jenny McNulty is a Professor in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Montana, Missoula.
- Author(s)Gary Gordon,Jennifer McNulty
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/08/2012
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note260 b/w illus. 10 colour illus. 50 tables 300 exercises
- Weight650 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.