All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBerlin-based artist Matt Saunders has in recent years captured the art world's eye with a striking series of hybrid images and animated films produced using techniques from both photography and painting. Using movie stars such as German actress Hertha Thiele and British actor Patrick McGoohan as subjects, Saunders recasts historical film and television images into new discourses about portraiture, icography, and spectatorship. Matt Saunders: Parallel Plot is both an artist's book and a catalog that documents and reflects on a 2010 exhibition held at the Renaissance Society at the University of Chicago. Reproducing the stunning artwork from that show, the book also includes two conversations between Saunders and artist Josiah McElheny and an essay by experimental film scholar Bruce Jenkins that tackles the relationship among painting, photography, and film, as well as the dynamics of Saunders' icography. Offering insight into Saunders' sophisticated working methods, this book is an evocative introduction to the work of this intriguing artist and the intertwined histories of film and photography.
- Author BiographyMatt Saunders is a visiting lecturer in the Department of Visual and Environmental Studies at Harvard University.
- Author(s)Matt Saunders
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication03/05/2013
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note45 colour plates
- Weight930 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.