All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis two-volume slipcased publication is produced on the occasion of American artist Matthew Day Jackson's 2010 exhibitions at Peter Blum's two New York galleries. The first volume, The Tomb, In Search of, records one of the artist's most powerful works: a sculpture of eight astronaut pallbearers (rendered from scraps of wood and plastic) carrying a life-size figure enshrined in a glass case, titled The Tomb. Based on a fifteenth-century sculpture by Antoine Le Moiturier, The Tomb carries echoes of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, Day Jackson's own mortality and Paul Thek's 1967 Tomb. In Search of, the Film is based upon the eponymous 1970s TV series hosted by Leonard Nimoy, which investigated pararmal phemena. Day Jackson's video looks at varieties of anthropomorphism in our view of other life forms, the allegories of artists' journeys and the transmission of history through artifacts.
- PublisherBlum (Peter) Edition,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlum (Peter) Edition,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), maps (chiefly col.)
- Weight1520 g
- Width280 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.