Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionProfessor Matthew Heddle (1828-97) was a larger-than-life character, a rewned academic and one of Scotland's most famous mineralogists. His rich legacy includes: Encyclopaedia Britannica 9th edition (section on Mineralogy) A fossil fish Heddleichthys A mineral named after him (Mattheddleite) A summary of the Mineralogy of Scotland (published posthumously) 55 scientific papers 5,700 specimens from his collection w housed in the National Museum of Scotland and the National Museums Collection Centre. 10 children This book, by Heddle's great-great-grandson, is t an account of his scientific work but is about Heddle the man; it provides a much fuller picture of him than anything that has appeared before.
- Author BiographyHamish Johnston is Matthew Heddle's great-great-grandson.
- Author(s)Hamish H. Johnston
- PublisherNMSE - Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2015
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNMSE - Publishing Ltd
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Contained items statement50 Paperbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.