Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionMaurice Cockrill RA (b. 1936) is one of Britains most important abstract artists. This book traces his distinguished career, from the realist and Pop works he produced as a central figure in the Liverpool art scene in the 1960s, to the expressionist and abstract work he began to make after moving to London in the 1980s. The books contributors have longstanding associations with the artist. Nicholas Alfrey provides an overview of Cockrills development based on the various studios he has occupied and the impact they have had on his working practice. Alex Kidson looks at Cockrills early realist paintings and their links with his later abstract compositions. The artist Arturo Di Stefa analyses ten key works in a series of short pieces that punctuate this beautifully illustrated mograph.
- Author BiographyNicholas Alfrey is associate professor in art his-tory at the University of Nottingham. Alex Kidson is curator of British Art at the Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool. Arturo Di Stefano is an artist.
- Author(s)Alex Kidson,Arturo Di Stefano,Nicholas Alfrey
- PublisherRoyal Academy of Arts
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Academy of Arts
- Out-of-print date06/12/2016
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight900 g
- Width220 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.