All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaurice Durufle (1902-1986) is best kwn as composer of the hauntingly beautiful and moving Requiem of 1947, and as organist during his long tenure at the church of Saint-Etienne-du-Mont in Paris. He studied composition and organ with Tournemire, Vierne, Gigout, and Dukas among others, and became well kwn outside France through tours and conferences, often attended with his wife, the late Marie-Madeleine Chevalier. Ebrecht has brought together in this centenary tribute a fine collection of articles on Durufle's life and work that will enthrall all those who have come under the spell of this great master of French Impressionism. About the contributors: Marie-Claire Alain the rewned French organist, recording artist, and teacher was one of Durufles first harmony students at the Paris Conservatoire. James Frazier has studied liturgy and music at several universities, and was a Fulbright scholar in France, where he studied privately with Madame Durufle. Maria Rubis Bauer concluded her doctoral dissertation on Durufle at the University of Kansas. Jeffrey Reylds is Associate Professor of Humanities and chair of the music department at the University of Alabama, Birmingham. Herndon Spillman's landmark recording of the complete works of Durufle won him a Grand Prix du Disque in 1973. He is Professor of Music at Louisiana State University. Eliane Chevalier was the sister of Marie-Madeleine Durufle, with whom she shared a passion for music. Ned Tipton is Director of Music of the American Cathedral in Paris.
- Author BiographyRonald Ebrecht is University Organist of Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut. He studied at the Schola Cantorum in Paris, Yale University, and Southern Methodist University, Dallas and has given numerous international concerts devoted to this period.
- Author(s)Ronald Ebrecht
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2002
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note16 b&w photographs, footnotes, bibliography, index
- Weight499 g
- Width160 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byRonald Ebrecht
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.