All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionIn Mawson- Life and Death in Antarctica, explorer Tim Jarvis relives Sir Douglas Mawson's extraordinary polar survival journey of 1912-13. Battling against ferocious blizzards and headwinds, Jarvis struggles to overcome extreme isolation, physical deprivation and his own self-doubt. He embarks on his hellish journey using the same equipment, clothing and starvation rations as Mawson had available to him almost a century ago in an attempt to answer some of the questions and controversies surrounding Mawson's tragic expedition in which both of his companions died. This is the story of two journeys, undertaken a century apart, to the limits of human endurance.
- Author BiographyTim Jarvis is an environmental scientist, explorer, film-maker and author of The Unforgiving Minute (2004). Mawson- Life and Death in Antarctica was broadcast on ABC TV (2008) and aired in 2007 on Channel Four in the UK as part of the highly acclaimed Edge of Endurance series.
- Author(s)Tim Jarvis
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationCarlton
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2008
- ImprintThe Miegunyah Press
- Content Note100 colour plates
- Weight766 g
- Width191 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.