All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese essays bring Weber's sociology to bear on the current transformation of the political landscape. After the collapse of communism, many states are faced with the challenges of democratization: they need to establish their legitimacy in an uncertain ecomic climate and within a new geopolitical order. The essays in this volume develop Weberian concepts and apply his comparative-historical method to deepen our understanding of these problems. They cover a wide range of examples, from the United States to Western and Eastern Europe, and from Russia and Japan to the Islamic states.
- Author BiographyRALPH SCHROEDER is Professor in the School of Technology Management and Economics at Chalmers University in Gothenburg. He is the author of Max Weber and the Sociology of Culture and Possible Worlds: The Social Dynamic of Virtual Reality Technology.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/08/1998
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight286 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byRalph Schroeder
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.