All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains good tenets of the great game of backgammon. How does a winning backgammon player think as each individual game develops? Opening rolls are described, with strategy lessons in mind. Basics of probability and estimation, as they apply to backgammon, are reviewed. The power of the doubling cube - as a weapon - is discussed. The goal is t to merely list a few backgammon tips, but to teach a way of thinking about the game so that readers develop a sense of vision for how backgammon games evolve. We want you to strive for constant improvement in your game. And we want to maximize your backgammon improvement while minimizing your studying and reading time. This book is designed for the serious beginner to the advanced backgammon player.
- Author BiographyCarl James enjoys using math and probability to describe the world around us. In particular, he loves to see what numbers can teach us about games like backgammon, sports - or the financial markets.
- Author(s)Carl James
- Date of Publication25/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Edited byRoss Wayne
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.