Maximum Flavor: Recipes That Will Change the Way You Cook by Aki Kamozawa, H Alexander Talbot (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.87Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you re interested in molecular gastromy or just want a perfect chicken recipe for dinner tonight, the authors of Ideas in Food deliver reliable techniques and dishes hard-to-find ingredients or break-the-bank equipment required for real home cooks. On the cutting edge of kitchen science, Kamozawa and Talbot regularly consult for restaurants to help them solve cooking conundrums. And yet they often find it s the simplest tips that can be the most surprising and the ones that can help home cooks take their cooking to a new level. With this book, you ll learn: Why steaming potatoes in the pressure cooker before frying them makes for the crispiest French fries Why, contrary to popular belief, you should flip your burgers often as you cook them for the best results How a simple coating of egg white, baking soda, and salt helps create chicken wings that are moist and juicy on the inside with a thin, crackling exterior How to cook steak consistently and perfectly every time How to make easy egg-free ice creams that are more flavorful than their traditional custard-base cousins How to make -knead Danish that are even better than the ones at your local bakery How to smoke vegetables to make flavorful vegetarian dishes Why pate a choux or cream puff dough makes foolproof, light-as-air gcchi How pressure cooking sunflower seeds can transform them into a creamy risotto How to elevate everyday favorites and give them a fresh new spin with small changes such as adding ri to a classic tomato salad Sharing expert advice on everything from making gluten-free baking mixes and homemade cheeses and buttermilk to understanding the finer points of fermentation or sous-vide cooking, Kamozawa and Talbot chronicle their quest to bring out the best in every ingredient. With a focus on recipes and techniques that can help anyone make better meals every day and 75 color photographs that show both step-by-step processes and finished dishes, Maximum Flavor will encourage you to experiment, taste, play with your food, and discover again why cooking and eating are so fascinating and fun.
- Author BiographyAKI KAMOZAWA and H. ALEXANDER TALBOT, authors of Ideas in Food and owners of a consulting business by the same name, have worked with both individual chefs and companies, such as No. 9 Group in Boston, Fourth Wall Restaurants in New York City, Frito Lay, and Unilever. Their company grew out of their blog, ideasinfood.com, which they started in 2004 as a way to record their daily work in restaurant kitchens. Winners of an IACP award in 2012 for their recipe writing, they have been featured in the New York Times, Popular Science, Food & Wine, and Saveur and regularly speak at professional conferences around the world.
- Author(s)Aki Kamozawa,H Alexander Talbot
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication08/10/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight1139 g
- Width211 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.