About this product
- DescriptionMom's Choice Award Winner. Alinka Rutkowska hit the ball out of the park with this series and this book in particular. Rating: 5.0 stars from Readers' Favorite Reviews. Embark on a one-of-a-kind, unprecedented, breathtaking adventure with Maya and Filippo as theytravel around the globe on board the Fun Princess - a cruiseship full of surprises. Discover their fascinating ports of call, find out what the local customs and traditions are, join the kids in activities at sea, and explore the remarkable world they create through the power of their positive outlook. This time Maya and Filippo discover Auckland and meet different kinds of people depending on...read the book to find out! Spoiler alert: the kids ride a big hop-on, hop-off explorer bus, where strange things happen. They stop at the famous Sky Tower, where they do something very exciting.
- Author BiographyFive Star Reviews From Readers' Favorite [...]Alinka Rutkowska takes the kids to the fun and adventurous side of New Zealand. She explores a lot of different concepts that I found highly intelligent and wonderful in a children's book. Issues like being different in another country, making friends, etc. are all explored in this wonderful world traveler book. [...] I think Alinka Rutkowska hit the ball out of the park with this series, and this book in particular. I had fun reading, even as an adult! I would recommend parents of younger children use this as a good bedtime story to get the young ones' minds wandering to foreign lands. Who knows, this might be what inspires them to study abroad one day! Rating: 5.0 stars.Reviewed by Katelyn Hensel for Readers' Favorite Alinka Rutkowska has created a wonderful combination of information and a positive message in her adorable children's picture pop-up book. This story demonstrates that there are different ways of looking at things and that attitudes can affect the quality of an experience or a day. As a child hears this story, the lesson learned by the characters of Maya and Filippo is shared in a way that allows a young reader to relate easily to it. A positive connection is made using a situation almost any child would encounter; so instead of being told how to behave, the child can repeat the action in his or her own experience. This is a great teaching tool for children to understand the power of positive thinking. Rating: 5.0 stars.Reviewed by Melinda Hills for Readers' Favorite Maya & Filippo Make Friends in Auckland by Alinka Rutkowska is a charming children's pictorial story book, which introduces a child to the concept of travel, feelings, and mannerisms. The book helps in developing emotional acceptance in society. This book offers a wide array of pictures with many colors to excite and keep the interest of a child reading the book or having it read to them.[...] Alinka Rutkowska has done a fantastic job reaching children in an emotional, but understandable way when explaining social actions and feelings [...]. This story was a very pleasant read, with its very colorful pictures, easy to read story line, and life lesson within. Rating: 5.0 stars.Reviewed by Michelle Robertson for Readers' Favorite
- Author(s)Alinka Rutkowska
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight72 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Konrad Checinski
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.