All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
About this product
- DescriptionIn just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Maya(R) in 24 Hours will help you master Autodesk Maya 2014 and use it to create outstanding 3D graphics and animations. Using this book's straightforward, step-by-step approach, you'll master powerful Maya 2014 tools for modeling, texturing, rigging, animating, lighting, rendering, and more. Every lesson builds on what you've already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success! Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Maya tasks. Quizzes and exercises test your kwledge of key Maya 2014 tools at the end of each hour. Notes present interesting information related to the discussion. Tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks. Learn how to...* Get comfortable with Autodesk Maya 2014's complex interface * Quickly access the Maya 2014 tools you need for any task * Efficiently manage your assets and files * Model with polygonal geometry and NURBS curves/surfaces * Unfold UVs and apply textures * Create de networks in the hypershade * Model highly realistic characters * Utilize relationships and make des work together * Rig your objects and characters for animation * Add animated movement to your scenes * Create and adjust cameras * Build diverse shapes with BlendShapes * Animate using dynamics and simulations * Script and automate common tasks * Improve realism with particles, hair/cloth effects, and more * Correctly light your scenes * Render your final imagery * Work effectively with film * Manage your projects and scene workflows more efficiently On the DVD: The accompanying DVD contains how-to videos for dozens of key Maya 2014 tasks, extensive sample art and models, and additional bonus content.
- Author BiographyKenny Roy started in the animation industry in 1997 as a dust buster on a children's animated feature. Since then, he has gone on to animate some of the most memorable characters on screen, from Scooby Doo to King Kong. In 2007, he founded Arconyx Animation Studios in Los Angeles, where he directs projects ranging from TV commercials to short films and visual FX. An animation teacher for almost 8 years, Kenny is also a multiple-published author in animation and a world-traveling lecturer. Fiona Rivera has animated and created 3D graphics for independent film, iPhone apps, marketing, university TV, and training courses. Fiona initially trained in 3D at Escape Studios, a premier visual effects academy in London, and went on to study character animation through Animation Mentor, where she met Kenny Roy. In addition to freelancing for companies such as Strange-Box.com, she has taught and developed undergraduate and postgraduate university courses in 3D animation, 3D modeling and rendering, and visual effects. Fiona has also created stereoscopic immersive virtual environments for European research projects and is currently researching related new technologies.
- Author(s)Fiona Rivera,Kenny Roy
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication14/08/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSams Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white, and colour)
- Weight994 g
- Width181 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.