Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.19Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaritime supremacy was key to America's rise to superpower status. Over the past two decades, however, while Washington has been preoccupied with Middle East land wars, the Navy's combat fleet has dwindled to historic lows - the smallest since before the World War I. At the same time, China's Navy has increased significantly and at an extraordinary rate. Within a matter of years or even months, China will likely have the ability to deny or substantially curtail the U.S. Navy's ability to operate in the Pacific and to project power in Asia. As defence expert Seth Cropsey argues in this provocative new book, the precipitous decline of the U.S. as a great seapower will have profound consequences sooner than we might think. Timely and urgent, Mayday tracks the modern evolution of U.S. maritime strength, where it stands w, and the likely consequences if changes are t made to both the Navy's size and shape and to the United States's strategic understanding of how to combine maritime and continental force. With China's ascent t likely to slow, the best way to secure both our diplomatic and ecomic position may be to reinvest in naval power.
- Author BiographySeth Cropsey is a former Deputy Undersecretary of the Navy, having served under four Secretaries of the Navy. He is now a Senior Fellow at the Hudson Institute, in Washington and is a frequent contributor to The Weekly Standard and other publications.
- Author(s)Seth Cropsey
- PublisherGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.