All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionVivid and remarkably fresh...Philbrick has recast the Pilgrims for the ages. --The New York Times Book Review Finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in historyNew York Times Book Review Top Ten books of the YearHow did America begin? That simple question launches the acclaimed author of Bunker Hill and Valiant Ambition on an extraordinary journey to understand the truth behind our most sacred national myth: the voyage of the Mayflower and the settlement of Plymouth Colony. As Philbrick reveals in this electrifying history of the Pilgrims, the story of Plymouth Colony was a fifty-five year epic that began in peril and ended in war. New England erupted into a bloody conflict that nearly wiped out the English colonists and natives alike. These events shaped the existing communites and the country that would grow from them.
- Author BiographyNathaniel Philbrickis the author ofIn the Heart of the Sea, winner of the National Book Award;Mayflower, finalist for the Pulitzer Prize;Bunker Hill, winner of the New England Book Award;Sea of Glory;The Last Stand;Why Read Moby Dick?;Away Off Shore;and most recently, Valiant Ambition. He lives in Nantucket.
- Author(s)Nathaniel Philbrick
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.