All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do a Mexican beauty, a Scottish chauffeur, a British aristocrat, a Russian agent (and his Russian servant), a Monaco art dealer, a Russian oil baron, an Italian used car salesman and a French fisherman have in common ? They are all involved in an intertwined plot to rig art auctions, smuggle cocaine, and a convoluted attempt to open a new ethnic restaurant - all of which go spectacularly wrong and create Mayhem in Monte Carlo. The plot roams from the moors of the Highlands as the lonely chauffeur tries to help his 'lady' to sell her Rolls Royce in Monaco, to the auction houses of Europe where the 'Lady' joins an art ring determined to bump the price of worthless Italian 'kitsch'. Meanwhile, Paz - the Mexican model from book one in the Trilogy, ( The little brown diamond ) is lured to Monaco by her former Russian lover to open that Mexican eatery. It is a love that goes very sour as the cocaine srting Russian slowly loses grip on reality - cocaine, by the way, that his boss is smuggling into Britain in the spare wheel of that Rolls Royce. The smuggling plot unravels and the Russian Oil Baron has to add murder to his many nefarious occupations. And the body is dumped at sea by the accommodating French fisherman. This unceremonious dumping is where the plot starts and where the vel ends. In between enjoy watching the characters get on each others nerves, cheat on each other and try and involve the palace. The author, a veteran international advertising man, kws how to keep the action going, make the reading easy and the characters amusing when they aren't being grisly and sinister. It's a good read, fast paced and funny, says a Dutch reviewer. Even though the twists and turns can drive you dizzy from time to time ! We doubt you will get dizzy. But you will enjoy the ride !
- Author BiographyMichael (Mike) Ferrier is a veteran international ad man, responsible for some of the most memorable international campaigns of all time. He has traveled more miles and visited more cultures than most airline pilots and speaks 5 languages As you expect from a successful ad man, he writes fast paced and easy-to-read. He has lived in all the countries the plot investigates. And he presently resides in Monte Carlo, were most of the action occurs. Mayhem in Monaco is part two of a trilogy. Book one, The Little Brown Diamond, is presently available for sale. Part three, Panic in St Petersburg, will be released in 2014.
- Author(s)MR Michael Christopher Ferrier
- Date of Publication15/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.