All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionInfectious diseases is an area of medicine that has always been relevant and important in all regions of the world. In recent years, the relevance and importance have been emphasized and heightened by a number of issues, including the emergence of new infections (such as HIV, the vel H1N1 influenza pandemic, avian flu, and severe acute respiratory syndrome) as well as increasing resistance to current established treatments of various infections (such as those caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterococcus species, several gram-negative bacteria, and Mycobacterium tuberculosis). There is a need to provide accurate and up-to-date information to infectious diseases practitioners who are at the front line of the effort against these problems. Mayo Clinic Infectious Diseases Board Review is a comprehensive, state-of-the-art publication. Written by practicing Mayo Clinic infectious diseases specialists, the book covers current and essential clinical aspects of diseases likely to be encountered by the infectious diseases specialist as well as to appear on the subspecialty infectious diseases board examination. Relevant and practical information is presented in an uncluttered format with liberal use of tables, diagrams, algorithms, and images as appropriate. While the primary audience of the book is practicing infectious diseases specialists preparing for their subspecialty board examination, the broader utility of this publication will include its use as an update for infectious diseases physicians, as a teaching curriculum in infectious diseases training programs, and as a user-friendly and practical resource in infectious diseases for ninfectious diseases physicians and health care providers. This publication will be a useful resource t only in the United States but throughout the world.
- Author BiographyZelalem Temesgen, MD, is a professor of medicine and a consultant in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He established the HIV Clinic at Mayo Clinic and is currently the director of the HIV program as well as the director of the Mayo Clinic Global HIV Education Initiative. Dr. Temesgen is board certified in infectious diseases and is certified as an HIV specialist by the American Academy of HIV Medicine. In addition to his clinical duties, Dr Temesgen is actively involved in education both within Mayo Clinic and extramurally. His educational activities include media presentations, extramural visiting professorships, and invited lectures at national and international meetings.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMayo Clinic Scientific Press
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note185 illustrations
- Weight1884 g
- Width204 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byZelalem Temesgen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.