All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBooks may be Mayumi Saito's greatest love and her one source of true pleasure. 41 years old, a bored wife and a dutiful mother, Mayumi's job as a librarian on a small island off the coast of New England feeds her passion for reading but does little to remedy the boredom of her days. That is, until the day she issues a library card to a shy 17 year-old boy, and swiftly succumbs to a sexual obsession that subverts the way she sees the library, her family, the island she lives on, and ultimately herself.
- Author BiographyJennifer Tseng s first book The Man With My Face won the 2005 Asian American Writers' Workshop's National Poetry Manuscript Competition and a 2006 PEN American Center Open Book Award. Her second book Red Flower, White Flower, winner of the Marick Press Poetry Prize, features Chinese translations by Mengying Han and Aaron Crippen. Mayumi and the Sea of Happiness is her debut novel. She works at the West Tisbury Library on Martha s Vineyard.
- Author(s)Jennifer Tseng
- PublisherEuropa Editions
- Date of Publication14/05/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEuropa Editions
- Weight360 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.