All listings for this product
Save on Dictionaries
- AU $51.46Trending at AU $59.61
- AU $28.15Trending at AU $32.74
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $42.65
- AU $14.00Trending at AU $22.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe key to correct Chinese pronunciation-- through sight and sound In Mandarin Chinese, the word ma can mean four different things depending on the tone (the pitch)-- mother, hemp, horse, or to scold --even though the pronunciation is the same. If you are t a native speaker of Chinese, you may find this aspect of learning the language daunting. McGraw-Hill's Chinese Pronunciation makes it easier for you to prounce Chinese words correctly. You are first introduced to the simple sounds; you then learn their combinations and correct tones. Vibrant illustrations in the book and video demonstrations on the CD-ROM even show tongue placement and mouth shapes to help you get the words right.
- Author BiographyLive ABC is an experienced developer of Chinese language-learning materials, focusing on multimedia. Their goal is to create learning materials that balance practicality and pure learning fun. They are a recipient of the 2007 New Leading Product Development Project Award from Taiwan's Ministry of Economic Affairs. Chinese Pronunciation won a Bronze award at the 2008 Horizon Interactive Awards, a leading international interactive media awards competition. LiveABC produces 5 Chinese-learning magazines and their interactive programs have been adopted at a number of U.S. and Korean schools and universities.
- Author(s)Live Abc
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- LanguageEnglish and Chinese
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Contemporary
- Content Notecol. Illustrations +
- Weight580 g
- Width210 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-ROM and Paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.