All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionAugust William Derleth was best remembered as the first book publisher of the writings of H. P. Lovecraft and for his own contributions to the Cthulhu Mythos genre of horror, as well as his founding of the publisher Arkham House (which did much to bring supernatural fiction into print in hardcover in the US that had only been readily available in the UK). Old Thaddeus McIlvaine discovered a dark star and took it for his own. Thus he inherited a dark destiny -- or did he? I've done it, McIlvaine said quietly. What's that? asked Alexander testily. I discovered a new star. It lies just off Arcturus, McIlvaine went on, and it would appear to be coming closer. Give it my love, said Richardson with a wry smile. Have you named it yet? Or don't the discoverers of new stars name them any more? McIlvaine's Star -- that's a good name for it. Hard a port of Arcturus, with special displays on windy nights. What Thaddeus McIlvaine and Alexander Richardson didn't realize was that they were characters in a horror story. A story written by August Derleth, the man who founded Arkham House. None of these folks knew it yet, but they're all DOOMED! Doomed! Mwahahahaha!
- Author(s)August Derleth
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.