All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJesse wasn't the world's worst dog and she wasn't the world's greatest dog: she was my best friend. She never saved my life, or anyone else's life for that matter, and she didn't ride a motorcycle or a surfboard, so you never saw her on TV. She wasn't a well-trained service dog, or a search and rescue dog-although she could have been one for the Sunbeam bakery if one of their bread trucks was ever missing in action. She was just a dog. But she was a special dog. Ask my friends. They'll tell you. She traveled throughout the United States and Canada with me: always watching the world go by with a smile on her face. Written in 2001, the story about Jesse's life is intertwined with the story of how this book came to be. That story is romantic and true and took place in a small town in Ireland. It's full of fate and luck, but this isn't a romance vel. This is real life. Most of the popular dogs whom we kw, were introduced to us by men, and I for one am grateful for all the wonderful dogs I have met through their stories. Thanks guys! Perhaps, it's time to learn that dogs can be woman's best friend too. Have fun!
- Author BiographyFrom the Author: Hi there! I was born Patricia A. White in New Market, Ontario, Canada and moved to Chicago at the age of 6. My name was changed to DiVita to protect the innocent. No, not really. I was adopted. I grew up in Illinois, attended the U of I and graduated with a degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology which I used for a little while, but it wasn't near as much fun and entertaining as working in restaurants--which I loved. I did a variety of other jobs too, including Financial Planning, ranch work, had a photography business, did videography and construction. I've lived in 6 states and 4 countries and love to travel and experience different cultures, ride horses and motorcycles (especially in the mountains), and I'm very involved in water awareness and conservation. I wrote Me 'n Jess in 2001 while living in Ireland (the reason I used my Irish birth name), and was in the process of publishing it when an idea for a restaurant movie took over. Did I Say Thousand Island? was premiered in 2007 and has been well received in over 185 countries. I intend to have the movie remade and be used as a benefit movie to raise awareness and funds for the Global Water Crisis (remake4water.org). And the book? I had it published in 2010 for family and a few friends, but now have published it using CreateSpace, and hope you like it! I'm going to donate a portion of the proceeds--in all formats, to water organizations that help people get water. Thanks for helping, and please spread the word!
- Author(s)MS Patricia a White
- PublisherPatricia a Divita
- Date of Publication19/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPatricia a Divita
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.