All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Winter Meanjin, guest-edited by Hilary McPhee, features a Meanjin Papers essay from political journalist and biographer Chris Wallace, who looks at the sense (or lack thereof) of common sense, and the state of the ecomy, locally and globally. Antony Loewenstein writes from nascent nation South Sudan, and Drusilla Modjeska reflects on the informed imagination and her own experiences in PNG. There's lots of new fiction from Carrie Tiffany, Paddy O'Reilly, Lloyd Jones and others, and sparkling poetry from Paulina Reeve, Nathan Curw, Geoff Page and more. This issue also features a comic from the inimitable Katie Parrish and beautiful galleries of artwork by painter Jan Senbergs and Helga Leunig.
- Author BiographyHilary McPhee is a writer and editor. She was a founding director of Melbourne's iconic McPhee Gribble Publishers and Chair of the Australia Council for the Arts and of the Major Organizations Board 1994-7, a founding director and sometime editor of online political newsletter New Matilda.com. She has an honorary doctorate from Monash University, was the inaugural Vice-Chancellor's Fellow at the University of Melbourne and remains a senior Fellow of the University.
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2015
- Place of PublicationCarlton, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- Weight458 g
- Width173 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $20.09Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.