All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the March edition of Meanjin, Declan Kelly gives us the low-down on Melbourne's music scene, Nam Le tells us why he likes to take readers to the edge - then leave them there, Humphrey McQueen looks at what's happening to the Australian Public Library system, Beth Driscoll considers the new literary prizes on the block, George Dunford takes us inside the Australian graphic vel scene, Mark Dapin dishes the dirt on celebrity journalism, Joshua Tyree takes us on his annual pilgrimage to Ground Zero, Sian Prior describes how debilitating shyness can be, Adrienne Eberhard leads us through the maze of a breast cancer diagsis, Ross Gibson gives us a fresh take on Patyegarang and William Dawes, Stephen Jones describes the work of one of Meanjin's most-loved and used artists, Stanislaw Ostoja-Kotkowski, and we reprint A. A. Phillips great essay from 1955 on the cultural cringe. Includes fiction by Lynden Hyatt, John Kinsella, Louise Swinn and newcomer Daniel Kent, and poetry by Clive James and Dorothy Porter.
- Author BiographySophie Cunningham is the author of two novels, Geography and Bird, and the non-fiction books, Melbourne and more recently Warning- The Story of Cyclone Tracy. She was also the editor of Meanjin and was, until recently, the chair of the Australian Council's literature board.
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- Place of PublicationCarlton, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2009
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight338 g
- Width157 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited bySophie Cunningham
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMarch ed.
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.