All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeasurement and Instrumentation: Theory and Application, Second Edition, introduces undergraduate engineering students to measurement principles and the range of sensors and instruments used for measuring physical variables. This updated edition provides new coverage of the latest developments in measurement techlogies, including smart sensors, intelligent instruments, microsensors, digital recorders, displays, and interfaces, also featuring chapters on data acquisition and signal processing with LabVIEW from Dr. Reza Langari. Written clearly and comprehensively, this text provides students and recently graduated engineers with the kwledge and tools to design and build measurement systems for virtually any engineering application.
- Author BiographyDr. Morris Retired senior lecturer in the Department of Automatic Control & Systems Engineering at the University of Sheffield. He has taught the undergraduate course in measurement and instrumentation for nearly 30 years, as well as undergraduate courses in robot technology, engineering design and laboratory skills, and graduate level courses in robot control, modeling and measurement for quality assurance. He is the author of eight books and more than 130 research papers in the fields of measurement and instrumentation and robot control. Dr. Langari is a professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Texas A&M University and interim head of the Department of Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution. He earned bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees from the University of California, Berkeley. He has held research positions at NASA Ames Research Center, Rockwell International Science Center, United Technologies Research Center, as well as the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory. Langari's expertise is in the area of computational intelligence with application to mechatronic systems and industrial automation. He has played a significant role in the development of theoretical foundations of fuzzy logic control and its applications to problems in mechanical engineering. His work on stability of fuzzy control systems is widely recognized as pioneering the use of nonlinear systems analysis techniques to fuzzy logic.
- Author(s)Alan S. Morris,Reza Langari
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteApprox. 300 illustrations
- Weight1360 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.