Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe Instrument and Automation Engineers' Handbook (IAEH) is the #1 process automation handbook in the world. Volume one of the Fifth Edition, Measurement and Safety, covers safety sensors and the detectors of physical properties. Measurement and Safety is an invaluable resource that: * Describes the detectors used in the measurement of process variables * Offers application- and method-specific guidance for choosing the best measurement device * Provides tables of detector capabilities and other practical information at a glance * Contains detailed descriptions of domestic and overseas products, their features, capabilities, and suppliers, including suppliers' web addresses Complete with 163 alphabetized chapters and a thorough index for quick access to specific information, Measurement and Safety is a must-have reference for instrument and automation engineers working in the chemical, oil/gas, pharmaceutical, pollution, energy, plastics, paper, wastewater, food, etc. industries. About the eBook The most important new feature of the IAEH, Fifth Edition is its availability as an eBook. The eBook provides the same content as the print edition, with the addition of thousands of web addresses so that readers can reach suppliers or reference books and articles on the hundreds of topics covered in the handbook. This feature includes a complete bidders' list that allows readers to issue their specifications for competitive bids from any or all potential product suppliers.
- Author BiographyBela Liptak was born in 1936 in Hungary. As a technical university student, he participated in the revolution against the Soviet occupation, escaped, and entered the United States as a refugee in 1956. In 1959, he received an engineering degree from the Stevens Institute of Technology. In 1962, he received a master's degree from the City College of New York. He later studied computers at the graduate level at the Pratt Institute. In 1960, he became the chief instrument engineer of Crawford and Russell, where he led the automation of dozens of industrial plants for more than a decade. In 1969, he published the multi-volume Instrument Engineers' Handbook, which today is in its fifth edition. In 1975, he received his professional engineering license and founded his consulting firm, Bela Liptak Associates PC, which provides design and consulting services in the fields of automation and industrial safety. Over the years, he has lectured on automation at many universities around the world, including Yale University, where he taught automation as an adjunct professor in 1987. His inventions include the transportation and storage of solar energy and the design of safe nuclear reactors. His 50+ years of professional experience include the automation of several dozen industrial plants and the publication of more than 300 technical articles (http://www.controlglobal.com/voices/liptak/) and 20+ books on various aspects of automation, safety, and energy technologies. (http://www.amazon.com/B%C3%A9la-G.-Lipt%C3%A1k/e/B001K8B0U0). In 1973, he was elected as a fellow of the International Society of Automation (ISA). In 1995, he received the Technical Achievement Award. In 2001, he received the Control Hall of Fame Award. He was the keynote speaker at the 2002 and 2011 ISA conventions. In 2012, he received the ISA's Lifetime Achievement Award.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/11/2016
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note2125 black & white illustrations, 292 black & white tables
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edited byBela G. Liptak,Kriszta Venczel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.