All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis expanded and revised edition presents a pragmatic account of how to design, test, and/or select instruments, methods and procedures for measuring variables in clinical, educational and research settings. It provides the reader with kwledge and skills to address the increased number of complex issues threatening the reliability and validity of measurement efforts and presents expansive reference sources. New features of this title include: added content on the use of Rasch Modeling and Structural Equation Modeling; addition of a Part III, reflecting the increased importance of and focus on use of the internet in the conduct of research and measurement efforts; more emphasis on computer based testing; and, new chapters that focus on clinical data collection methods, including clinimetrics, and the unique challenges of conducting research in clinical settings and situations where strict experimental control and standardization are t optimal.
- Author BiographyCarolyn F. Waltz, PhD, RN, FAAN, is a Professor at the University of Maryland, School of Nursing in Baltimore, Maryland. She received her BSN and MS degrees in public health nursing from the University of Maryland and her PhD in education with specialization in research, evaluation and measurement from the University of Delaware. Dr. Waltz is an internationally recognized expert in the development of outcomes evaluation and measurement in clinical and educational settings and an adjunct member of GRIISIQ, Quebec Interuniversity Nursing Intervention Research Group, a consortium of researchers from all Canadian universities in Quebec. She has published extensively including award winning books and articles on research, measurement, nursing outcomes, program development and evaluation. She has received research funding from multiple sources, authored numerous articles, books and book chapters, and was a founding editor of the journal Evaluation &the Health Professions. She has provided numerous clinical and educational outcomes evaluations, consultations, presentations, and workshops to varied health care audiences nationally and internationally and is widely acknowledged as a pioneer in outcomes measurement, evaluation and research.
- Author(s)Carolyn Feher Waltz,Elizabeth R. Lenz,Ora L. Strickland
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight993 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.