All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionTake your tale from What? to Wow! Communicate with great stories! In this book, a storytelling coach teaches you how to create effective and compelling stories from anecdotes and floats- the odds and ends of stories in your life or organization. Anecdotes are pieces of the much greater story you have inside. Floats are the little brother of anecdotes. In this mini-book, your will learn about (and experience) creating stories that you can use in a variety of ways from storytelling to print to video. Take the odds and ends of the stories floating around you and turn them into useful tools. In the Measures of Story: How to Create a Story from Floats and Anecdotes book you will: * Explore the differences between stories, anecdotes and floats. * Replace your archaic elevator speech. Understand why real stories make better communication tools. * Learn the most overused floats that aren't the stories you might think they are. * See how these anecdotes and floats become stories with examples for the personal and business world. * See how a world tale can help to drive home an important point. * Create your new stories with Sean's Take Action! activities. * Discover more online resources to help you learn to share convincing stories with associates, friends, students or family. If you are using story in business, a n-profit organization, a school or just for the next family gathering, you will use your newly created stories to bring fresh life and energy to your events. If increased profits or contributions are your goal, you cant do better than to use powerful stories to meet those needs. Note: This particular book is t about oral storytelling techniques such as pacing, gestures, eye contact and so on. Rather, this book focuses on the creation of real stories from anecdotes to be used in sharing stories (storytelling or otherwise) in education, business, health care or even with your own family. Sean does t just insist that *you* should use stories. Rather, you will experience how Sean teaches and connects concepts by the use of stories, putting his teaching into action.
- Author BiographyFrom kids in classrooms to bosses in boardrooms, Sean Buvala has taught the art of storytelling to thousands of people since 1986. With the big jobs of creating workshops for some of the best-known companies to the intimate work of writing how-to books for parents, Sean's deep immersion into the art of storytelling helps you communicate with great clarity.
- Author(s)K Sean Buvala
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.