CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionCommand and control (C2) is an essential element of all combat operations. Measuring the effectiveness of a C2 system is a difficult task. Numerous definitions, the lack of a common vocabulary, and the absence of a prevailing conceptual framework are factors that obfuscate any methodology for assessing the performance or components of a system. The most useful approach produces quantifiable data that measure the efficiency of components within a C2 system. Key to this evaluation technique is the establishment of measurable and meaningful criteria. This mograph examines key aspects of C2 at the tactical level in order to propose a set of criteria for measuring the efficiency of a C2 system. The study begins with a theoretical and doctrinal analysis of C2 in order to establish a model of the C2 process. Components of the model are then translated into general force design requirements to illustrate linkages between process and structure and establish a focus for measures of efficiency. Theoretical and doctrinal insights are explored during the next step in order to establish a set of criteria for measuring the efficiency of a C2 system. An analysis of unit performance at the National Training Center is used to reinforce the validity of the proposed criteria. The study concludes by addressing implications with regard to doctrinal development, future research, and force design. This mograph suggests that a unit's Table of Organization and Equipment (TOE) is the focus for measuring efficiency in a C2 system. Continuity of operations, accuracy of information, speed of the process, and security of information are criteria that measure the key attributes of an ideal C2 system.
- Author(s)John F Kalb
- Date of Publication12/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date26/02/2013
- Weight104 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.