Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionMultifunctional land use (MLU) planning has been introduced as a new planning concept in the late 1990s. It is one of the newest concept and addresses the issues of inefficient use of space, dependency of people to travel by car, and urban sprawl. For studying the possible advantages and disadvantages, a number of researches have addressed the problem of quantifying the MLU. This research addresses the problem of identifying the spatial indicators for measuring the multifunctionality of urban area. Furthermore, a new method for measuring the multifunctionality is introduced. The method is developed based on the MLU as a planning concept and as an empirical phemen of agglomeration of activities. The spatial indicators: Distance, Density, Diversity and Time are used to measure and visualize multifunctionality. In addition the patterns and the potential for further increase are identified. This book is for urban planners and planning manager who would like to explore the multifunctional land use in their towns. However, young researchers will find it very useful for understanding planning concepts and the application of advanced geo-information techlogy in Urban Planning.
- Author(s)Bekim Kajtazi
- PublisherLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Date of Publication19/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Weight186 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.