All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionMeat and meat products constitute one of the most important foods in western societies. However, the area of meat biotechlogy is t as comprehensively covered as other areas of food biotechlogy. Missing from this area are the recent developments for better sensory and nutritional quality as well as improved safety. The main goal of this book is to provide the reader with the recent developments in biotechlogy and their applications in the meat processing chain. To achieve this goal, the book is divided into four parts. The first part deals with the use of modern biotechlogy applied to farm animals. The second part focuses on the recent biotechlogical developments in starter cultures for better meat fermentation. The third part discusses current approaches to improve the quality and nutritional properties of meats. The final part presents the latest advances in protection against foodborne pathogens, and other recent trends in the field. Written by distinguished international contributors, this book brings together the advances in such varied and different biotechlogical topics.
- Author BiographyDr. Fidel Tolda is a Professor in the Department of Food Science at the Instituto de Agroquimica y Technologia de Alimentos in Valencia, Spain.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note40 black & white tables, biography
- Weight783 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byFidel Toldra
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.