All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Meat, Pat introduces you to cuts beyond chops and tenderloins-including inexpensive and unusual cuts-so you can venture outside your everyday selections. With detailed, step-by-step photos, he provides instruction in the best butchering skills for the home cook, such as needling, frenching, rolling, and tying. Through heart-warming reminiscences and personal memories, you'll learn of the history of the LaFrieda family's great American success story and how they created a business that's lasted over one hundred years, becoming a New York City landmark along the way. The city even named a street after them in the meatpacking district, Pat LaFrieda Lane. Dubbed by New York magazine as the King of Meat, Pat Jr. is the mastermind behind the celebrated burgers at many famous restaurants, and he has created over one hundred custom hamburger blends. Now, Pat will reveal to everyone how to create the perfect burger with his all-time favourite burger blend recipes. Bringing together three generations of experience and exuberant passion for good, satisfying food, this lavishly illustrated and beautifully designed book is sure to be a staple in countless home kitchens for years to come.
- Author BiographyPat LaFrieda's first introduction to the meat world was in the summer of 1981, when he was just ten years old and learning the tricks of the trade at his father's butchering business. Thirty years later, he owns and operates New York City's most prestigious and valued meatpacking facility. Pat LaFrieda Meat Purveyors sells to more than 1,000 customers in New York City, Las Vegas, Miami, and Chicago. Carolynn Carreno is a James Beard award-winning writer for magazines including Bon Appetit, Saveur, The Los Angeles Times, Gourmet, and Food & Wine and coauthor of books with chefs Nancy Silverton, Kenny Shopsin, and Sara Foster. Her cookbooks are known for their distinct voice and storytelling style.
- Author(s)Carolynn Carreno,Pat Lafrieda
- PublisherAtria Books
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtria Books
- Content Note50-75 4-C photos throughout; 4-C endpapers
- Weight1643 g
- Width234 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.