All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMechanical Design of Machine Components, Second Edition strikes a balance between theory and application, and prepares students for more advanced study or professional practice. It outlines the basic concepts in the design and analysis of machine elements using traditional methods, based on the principles of mechanics of materials. The text combines the theory needed to gain insight into mechanics with numerical methods in design. It presents real-world engineering applications, and reveals the link between basic mechanics and the specific design of machine components and machines. Divided into three parts, this revised text presents basic background topics, deals with failure prevention in a variety of machine elements and covers applications in design of machine components as well as entire machines. Optional sections treating special and advanced topics are also included. Key Features of the Second Edition: * Incorporates material that has been completely updated with new chapters, problems, practical examples and illustrations * Places a strong emphasis is on the fundamentals of mechanics of materials as they relate to the study of machine design * Provides thorough coverage of machine components, including their applications in modern engineering, and some discussion of entire machines * Presents material selection charts and tables as an aid in specific applications * Contains selective chapters that include case studies of various components and machines, as well as some open-ended problems * Includes applied finite element analysis in design, offering an introduction to this useful tool for computer-oriented examples * Addresses the ABET design criteria in a systematic manner * Covers optional MATLAB solutions tied to the book and student learning resources on the CRC website Mechanical Design of Machine Components, Second Edition helps you gain a grasp of the fundamentals of machine design and the ability to apply these fundamentals to new engineering problems.
- Author BiographyAnsel C. Ugural is a visiting professor of mechanical engineering at the New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, New Jersey. He has held faculty positions at Fairleigh Dickinson University, where he has served for two decades as a professor and chairman of the mechanical engineering department. Professor Ugural earned his MS in mechanical engineering and PhD in engineering mechanics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is the author of several books, including Stresses in Beams, Plates, and Shells (CRC Press, 3rd ed., 2010). In addition, he has published numerous articles in trade and professional journals.
- Author(s)Ansel C. Ugural
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note808 black & white illustrations, 108 black & white tables
- Weight2245 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.