All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the study of mechanical systems as well as its links to other sciences of nature. It presents the fundamentals behind how mechanical theories are constructed and details the solving methodology and mathematical tools used: vectors, tensors and tions of field theory. It also offers continuous and discontinuous phemena as well as various mechanical magnitudes in a unitary form by means of the theory of distributions.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. Doc. Petre P. Teodorescu Born: June 30, 1929, Bucuresti. M.Sc.: Faculty of Mathematics of the University of Bucharest, 1952; Faculty of Bridges of the Technical University of Civil Engineering, Bucharest, 1953. Ph.D.: Calculus of rectangular deep beams in a general case of support and loading , Technical University of Civil Engineering, Bucharest, 1955. Academic Positions: Consulting Professor. at the University of Bucharest, Faculty of Mathematics. Fields of Research: Mechanics of Deformable Solids (especially Elastic Solids), Mathematical Methods of Calculus in Mechanics. Selected Publications: 1. Applications of the Theory of Distributions in Mechanics , Editura Academiei-Abacus Press, Bucuresti-Tunbrige Wells, Kent, 1974 (with W. Kecs); 2. Dynamics of Linear Elastic Bodies , Editura Academiei-Abacus Press, Bucuresti-Tunbrige Wells, Kent, 1975; 3. Spinor and Non-Euclidean Tensor Calculus with Applications , Editura Tehnica-Abacus Press, Bucuresti-Tunbrige Wells, Kent, 1983 (with I. Beju and E. Soos); 4. Mechanical Systems , vol. I, II, Editura Tehnica, Bucuresti, 1988. Invited Addresses: The 2nd European Conference of Solid Mechanics, September 1994, Genoa, Italy: Leader of a Section of the Conference and a Communication. Lectures Given Abroad: Hannover, Dortmund, Paderborn, Germany, 1994; Padova, Pisa, Italy, 1994. Additional Information: Prize Gh. Titeica of the Romanian Academy in 1966; Member in the Advisory Board of Meccanica (Italy), Mechanics Research Communications and Letters in Applied Engineering Sciences (U.S.A.); Member of GAMM (Germany) and AMS (U.S.A.); Reviewer: Mathematical Reviews, Zentralblatt fuer Mathematik und ihre Grenzgebiete, Ph.D. advisor.
- Author(s)Petre P. Teodorescu
- Date of Publication29/11/2010
- Series TitleMathematical and Analytical Techniques with Applications to Engineering
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1193 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.