All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic text combines the scholarly insights of its distinguished author with the practical, problem-solving orientation of an experienced industrial engineer. Topics include the kinematics of vibration, degrees of freedom, gyroscopic effects, relaxation oscillations, Rayleigh's method, and more. Abundant examples and figures, plus more than 230 problems and answers. 1956 edition.
- Author BiographyJ. P. Den Hartog: The Reprint Engineer J. P. Den Hartog (1901-1989), who taught for most of his career at MIT, was one of the founders of the Dover reprint program in engineering. As the author of several books that Dover reprinted and still has in print, and as an advisor from the 1950s until just a few years before his death in 1989, Professor Den Hartog gave invaluable advice concerning books of lasting interest and importance in his field. Not many books in engineering have a productive shelf life spanning several decades. Among the exceptions are these four books of Professor Den Hartog, which Dover reprinted and occasionally revised in later printings from 1961 through 1987: Mechanics, 1961, Strength of Materials, 1961, Mechanical Vibrations, 1985, and Advanced Strength of Materials, 1987. Still widely read and cited by authors in these areas, Den Hartog's books are a tribute to his gift for exposition and clarity. The J. P. Den Hartog Award, established in 1987, is presented in recognition of lifetime contributions to the teaching and practice of vibration engineering.
- Author(s)J. P. Den Hartog
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/1985
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleDover Civil and Mechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content NoteFigures, 233 problems, solutions
- Weight474 g
- Width137 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.