Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $266.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $197.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionCovering the whole spectrum of vibration theory and its applications in both civil and mechanical engineering, Mechanical and Structural Vibrations provides the most comprehensive treatment of the subject currently available. Based on the author s many years of experience in both academe and industry, it is designed to function equally well as both a day-to-day working resource for practicing engineers and a superior upper-level undergraduate or graduate-level text. Features a quick-reference format that, Mechanical and Structural Vibrations gives engineers instant access to the specific theory or application they need. Saves valuable time ordinarily spent wading through unrelated or extraneous material. And, while they are thoroughly integrated throughout the text, applications to both civil and mechanical engineering are organized into sections that permit the reader to reference only the material germane to his or her field. Students and teachers will appreciate the book's practical, real-world approach to the subject, its emphasis on simplicity and accuracy of analytical techniques, and its straightforward, step-by-step delineation of all numerical methods used in calculating the dynamics and vibrations problems, as well as the numerous examples with which the author illustrates those methods. They will also appreciate the many chapter-end practice problems (solutions appear in appendices) designed to help them rapidly develop mastery of all concepts and methods covered. Readers will find many versatile new concepts and analytical techniques t covered in other texts, including nlinear analysis, inelastic response of structural and mechanical components of uniform and variable stiffness, the dynamic hinge, dynamically equivalent systems, and other breakthrough tools and techniques developed by the author and his collaborators. Mechanical and Structural Vibrations is both an excellent text for courses in structural dynamics, dynamic systems, and engineering vibration and a valuable tool of the trade for practicing engineers working in a broad range of industries, from electronic packaging to aerospace. Timely, comprehensive, practical--a superior student text and an indispensable working resource for busy engineers Mechanical and Structural Vibrations is the first text to cover the entire spectrum of vibration theory and its applications in both civil and mechanical engineering. Written by an author with over a quarter century of experience as a teacher and practicing engineer, it is designed to function equally well as a working professional resource and an upper-level undergraduate or graduate-level text for courses in structural dynamics, dynamic systems, and engineering vibrations. Mechanical and Structural Vibrations: Takes a practical, application-oriented approach to the subject Features a quick-reference format that gives busy professionals instant access to the information needed for the task at hand Walks readers, step-by-step, through the numerical methods used in calculating the dynamics and vibration problems Introduces many cutting-edge concepts and analytical tools t covered in other texts Is packed with real-world examples covering everything from the stresses and strains on buildings during an earthquake to those affecting a space craft during lift-off Contains chapter-end problems--and solutions--that help students rapidly develop mastery of all important concepts and methods covered Is extremely well-illustrated and includes more than 300 diagrams, tables, charts, illustrations, and more
- Author BiographyDEMETER G. FERTIS is Professor of Civil Engineering at the University of Akron. He was previously an associate professor at the University of Iowa and Wayne State University, and a research engineer in the Michigan State Department of Transportation. Dr. Fertis was also visiting professor at the National Technical University in Athens, Greece. During his teaching career, he taught more than twenty graduate courses on different subjects, in the Civil, Mechanical, and Engineering Mechanics Departments. He has received a BS and an MS degree from Michigan State University, and a Doctor of Engineering degree at the National Technical University of Athens, Greece. Dr. Fertis has consulted for NASA, Ford Motor Company, the Atomic Power Development Associates, General Motors, Boeing Aircraft Company, Lockheed California Company, Goodyear Aerospace, and the Department of the Navy. He has developed patents, one of which, Airfoil Design, ranked in the country's top 2%. He is the author of several books and numerous articles in professional journals and proceedings. Some of his books are Dynamics and Vibration of Structures, Nonlinear Mechanics, and Dynamics of Structural Systems, He is the coauthor of Transverse Vibration Theory. A member of ASCE, ASME, American Academy of Mechanics, Who's Who in America, Who's Who in the World, and other organizations. Professor Fertis, has served as a professional journal editor and as a member of many national and international technical committees.
- Author(s)Demeter G. Fertis
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/05/1995
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1130 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine44 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.