All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMechanics of Engineering Materials is well-established as the definitive textbook on the mechanics and strength of materials for students of engineering principles throughout their degree course. Assuming little or prior kwledge, the theory of the subject is developed from first principles and all topics of stress and strain analysis are covered right up to final year level. Mechanical properties such as tensile behaviour, fatigue, creep, fracture and impact are discussed and more advanced material is also included, particularly on finite element analysis, fracture mechanics and composite materials. This second edition has been brought fully up-to-date in line with today's courses. Incorporating new, two-colour illustrations throughout, the book reinforces student comprehension of the theory through numerous new worked examples and end-of-chapter problems involving real engineering situations. An important new feature of this edition is the use and illustration of computer spreadsheets throughout as a powerful problem-solving tool. Mechanics of Engineering Materials is an indispensible course text for undergraduate students of mechanical engineering, engineering science and civil engineering. It will also be a valuable reference for those studying BTEC and GNVQ courses.
- Author BiographyC.G. Armstrong is Reader in Mechanical Engineering at the Queen's University of Belfast.
- Author(s)C.G. Armstrong,P.P. Benham,Roy J. Crawford
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication11/03/1996
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteindex
- Weight1234 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.