All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume records the proceedings of an international symposium on ME- CHANICS OF SHEET METAL FORMING: Material Behavior and Deformation Analysis. It was sponsored and held at the General Motors Research Labora- tories on October 17-18, 1977. This symposium was the twenty-first in an annual series. The objective of this symposium was to discuss the research frontiers in experimental and theoretical methods of sheet metal forming analysis and, also, to determine directions of future research to advance techlogy that would be useful in metal stamping plants. Metal deformation analyses which provide guide- lines for metal flanging are already in use. Moreover, recent advances in computer techniques for solving plastic flow equations and in measurements of material parameters are leading to dynamic models of many stamping operations. These models would accurately predict the stresses and strains in the sheet as a function of punch travel. They would provide the engineer with the kwledge he needs to improve die designs. The symposium papers were organized into five sessions: the state of the art, constitutive relations of sheet metal, role of friction, sheet metal formability, and deformation analysis of stamping operations. We believe this volume t only summarizes the various viewpoints at the time of the symposium, but also pro- vides an outlook for materials and mechanics research in the future.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2011
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight686 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byD. Koistinen
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1978
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.31New
- AU $24.97New
- AU $20.06New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.93New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.19New
- AU $21.90New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $16.56Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $78.42Trending at AU $90.91
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $21.41Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.