CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- Descriptionfrom reviews of the first edition This book is a comprehensive treatise...with a significant application to structural mechanics_ the author has provided sufficient applications of the theoretical principles_ such a connection between theory and application is a common theme and quite an attractive feature._ The book is a unique volume which contains information t easily found throughout the related literature. _ APPL. MECH. REV. This text, suitable for courses on fluid and solid mechanics, continuum mechanics, and strength of materials, offers a unified presentation of the theories and practical principles common to all branches of solid and fluid mechanics. For the student, each chapter proceeds from basic material to advanced topics usually covered at the graduate level. The presentation is self -contained, the only prerequisites are the basic algebra and analysis that are usually taught in the first and second years of an undergraduate engineering curriculum. Extensive problem sets, new in this edition, make the text more useful than before. For the practicing engineer, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids provides an up-to-date sypsis of the principles of solid and fluid mechanics combined with illustrative examples. The conservation laws for mass, momentum and energy are considered for both material and control volumes. The discussion of elastostatics includes thermal stress analysis and is extended to linear viscoelasticity by means of the correspondence principle. The Ritz-
- Author(s)F. Ziegler
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/04/1998
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1658 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 1995. Corr. 2nd printing 1998
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.