Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, Mechanisms in the Pathogenesis of Enteric Diseases, is the outcome of the First International Rushmore Conference on Mechanisms in the Pathogenesis of En- teric Diseases, held in September 1995 at Rapid City, South Dakota. The meeting was or- ganized by members of the North-Central Regional Research Committee NC-62, a United States Department of Agriculture-sponsored consortium of swine enteric disease researchers from land-grant institutions. This conference was conceived as a forum for an interdisciplinary discussion of mechanisms of infectious diseases. It was intended that such a discussion would stimulate cross-fostering of ideas and nurture synergistic collabo- rations among scientists working on enteric diseases of humans and animals_. In atten- dance, there were more than 140 participants from the United States and 12 foreign countries representing all of the world's continents. Participants brought expertise from many disciplines in both human and veterinary medicine. Multiple perspectives and an in- formal atmosphere provided an environment for lively and thought-provoking discussions. Conference topics included Pathobiology of Gastroenteric Diseases, Mechanisms of Iden- tity and Interaction between Host and Pathogen, Effector Mechanisms in the Pathogenesis of Enteric Diseases, Regulation of Pathogenic Activity in Enteric Diseases, and Novel Ap- proaches to Prevention and Therapy of Enteric Diseases. Ten internationally rewned scientists gave keyte presentations in addition to 30 oral presentations and 39 poster presentations. The keyte speakers were Drs.
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication01/05/1997
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 412
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlenum Publishing Co.,N.Y.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight2380 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byPrem S. Paul,etc.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.