All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the only single authored text on biological polymers available for bioengineering and biomedical engineering students. The book describes the structure of polymers and how these molecules are put together to make the tissues of the body and also their role in surgical implants and in structural diseases. It provides essential reading for biomedical engineers, biologists, physicians, health care professionals and other biomedical researchers who are interested in understanding how physical forces affect the biology, physiology and pathophysiology of humans. The author is an expert on the effect of mechanical forces on extracellular matrix.
- Author BiographyFrederick H. Silver, Ph.D., is an expert on the effect of mechanical forces on extracellular matrix. He has been a faculty member in Biomedical Engineeering departments at Boston University, University of Minnesota and Rutgers University. He is currently Professor of Pathology and Laboratory medicine at UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
- Author(s)Frederick H. Silver
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/11/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note18 black & white tables, biography
- Weight480 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Foreword byS.S. Cowin
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.23New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.